How to slim down for a wedding has become a prevalent question among many brides. It is so, primarily because we consider weddings as a once in a lifetime experience. This is the day that many women have been dreaming for, some since they were even still girls. Soon-to-be brides want to look and feel their best on the big day; hence, the idea of others to lose some weight.
Depending on the amount of time you have, the journey to slimming down for the wedding varies. But today, we will delve into some common grounds trying to answer ‘how to slim down for the wedding?’ Let us get down into business.
- Track your food. Remember when they say that the key to really losing weight and seeing results is 80 percent dependent on the food you eat? When talking about tracking your food, we are not only referring to calorie counting per se, but also paying attention to the quality of the food you eat.
- Do meal prepping. The weeks and months leading to the big day can be very hectic, which is why many fitness experts encourage those who want to lose weight to do meal preparations. Block out a day from your week, preferably Sunday afternoon, to prepare all the meals you will need for the next three to four days. If meal preparation is not your thing, the best you can do is meal planning.
- Get enough sleep. Studies have shown that sleep deprivation causes hunger and increased appetite. Getting at least seven hours of sleep will boost your metabolism and regulate your hunger. More than weight loss, sleep is vital for overall health.
- Wake up early in the morning. Waking up for the sunrise has multitude of benefits for you. Early mornings will give you the much-needed peaceful and quiet “me-time”. It will increase your productivity and allow you to feel more positive and energized throughout the day. For our brides, who are busy with all the work and wedding preparation, getting up earlier than usual will give you extra time to get into your zone and workout.
- Meditate. When asking the question, “How to slim down for the wedding?”, it is equally important to place premium on your state of mind. At this point in time, trying to lose some weight in the middle of all the wedding preparation could be very stressful. And we are pretty sure, you will encounter a lot of reasons to stop. Breathe in and breathe out. Allot at least 10 minutes everyday to meditate so as to clear your thoughts and empower your mind.
- Stick to a fun workout. Just because everybody else is running does not mean you have to drag yourself out there for a run. Good for you if you enjoy and love running, but if not, there are sure many other ways to get fit and have fun. Other options include dancing or zumba, trekking or hiking, ball games, swimming, and other gym-based workouts. With all the innovations in the workout programs these days, we are certain you will find something you would love to do everyday.
- Get a solid support. Make use of the social media and do not hesitate to join some fitness groups that feature people with the same aspirations and goals as you. If not, do not be afraid to ask help and support from your family and friends. Having a solid support means getting people who will motivate you and remind you of the prize at the end. Support group also means accountability.
- Drink lots of water. If you ask Jennifer Lopez what is her secret in staying fit and beautiful, she will tell you to drinks lots of water. We have heard this from so many people and if you are seeing results from them, then why not do it for yourself, too? But you see, science even has it that drinking lots of water will aid weight loss. Apart from being a zero-calorie drink, water suppresses appetite when taken before every meal. Moreover, water has numerous health benefits to the brain, immune system, and skin, among many others.
- Be mindful on the wedding preparation. We know very well how hard it is to kickstart some ways on how to slim down for the wedding considering all the preparations at hand. The key is to be mindful about your decisions, especially when it comes to food and drinks tasting for the reception.
We hope that these tips will help you jumpstart your pre-wedding ‘how to slim down’ program. Nonetheless, we want to remind you that size or shape does not define your worth. Your groom and everyone who love you find you beautiful more than you will ever know.